Welcome to My Busy Classroom!

Hi Teacher Friends!

Thanks for stopping in! I hope you find something here to help make your job more fun or a little easier. I love to create. If you see something that you like, but it needs a little tweaking to fit your classroom, send me an email: suemteacher@gmail.com I'm happy to customize!

-Sue



Tuesday, January 29

Alphabet Poetry Book


Alphabet Poetry Book

Here is a 26 page alphabet poetry book for Pre-K, kindergarten, and first grade. Each page focuses on one letter of the alphabet. I have used this in my kindergarten classroom for several years and my students love it! It has really helped my students with tracking, alphabetic principles, and vocabulary development.

Here’s what worked for my class;

Print the cover on cardstock. I used the bookbinder to make the 26 page poetry book for each student.

Each day we read/sang the next poem, several times as the students tracked along. I insisted that each student track with a pointer. We sang the poems to the tune of The Farmer In the Dell.

Here’s how it sounded:

“A
a
A is for apple
A is for acorn
A is for airplane
They all start with A!
A
a
apple
acorn
airplane”

Then I would pick someone’s name from a can. That kiddo could choose a poem from a previous day and led the class in our microphone, as we all read it together.

I kept it interesting by offering a different pointer each day. (lollipops, pixie-sticks, licorice, pretzel sticks, wiki-sticks, straws, etc.) We also read the poem in different voices. (like a mouse, like an alien, like the principal, etc.) 

Click here to purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment