Welcome to My Busy Classroom!

Hi Teacher Friends!

Thanks for stopping in! I hope you find something here to help make your job more fun or a little easier. I love to create. If you see something that you like, but it needs a little tweaking to fit your classroom, send me an email: suemteacher@gmail.com I'm happy to customize!

-Sue



Tuesday, January 29

Giant Gumball Machine – Whole Class – Yearlong -Behavioral Incentive







Here's a big  gumball machine that I use as a class incentive.  I print the gumball machine on our school’s poster printer. Then, I hang it in the classroom, low enough for all of the students to be able to reach. Near it, I have a small basket with colored dot stickers and a skinny sharpie marker.

Here’s how we fill it up:

Every student who reaches a set goal can write their name on a dot sticker and add it to the gumball machine.  The machine slowly fills up as the weeks pass.  Once the machine fills up, we have a class celebration.

Gumballs in my class are earned for:

An A on a test
Reading a published piece in the Author’s Chair
Bringing back a signed report card envelope or field trip paperwork on the first day

Some other reasons might be:

A random act of kindness
A thank you for __________.
Reading a book to the class
Doing extra jobs in the classoom

The giant gumball machine hangs in our classroom and serves as a reminder to the kiddos that they are all one team and when the they work together toward a goal, it pays off.

Click here to purchase.

1 comments: