Welcome to My Busy Classroom!

Hi Teacher Friends!

Thanks for stopping in! I hope you find something here to help make your job more fun or a little easier. I love to create. If you see something that you like, but it needs a little tweaking to fit your classroom, send me an email: suemteacher@gmail.com I'm happy to customize!

-Sue



Saturday, February 2

Word Wall Cheers


Word Wall Cheers
One fun way to practice spelling is to cheer the words.  Here is a list of over 40 different cheers that you can do in your classroom to help you students practice their words in a quick fun way.  Be sure to have your students say the whole word, cheer each letter, then say the whole word again.  I've been using these cheers for years in my kindergarten and first grade classrooms.  I introduce a few each week.  Then, when the kids know them all, I add them as a center activity.  The kids never seem to get tired of them!  Enjoy!

Here is the complete list:
Whisper It
Hand Jive
Raise the Roof
Disco
Throw the Stars
Mexican Hat Dance
Stomper
Motorcycle Dudes
Dribble and Shoot
Yo-Yo
Pumping Iron
Imaginary Chalkboard
Apple Picking
Robot
Tigger Bounce
Alligator Clap
Blast Off
Frogger
Back Tracer
Pat It
Boxer
Be the Letter
Hula Dance
Jumping Jacks
Toe Touches
Batter Up
Push-ups
Frisbee
Pitcher
Lumber Jack
Surfer
Swimmer
Movie Star Kisses
Opera
Fly Like a Bird
Funky Chicken
Nose Goes
Bang!
Cheerleader
Snapper Clapper
Ketchup Bottle
Volcano
Marshmallow Hands
Slow Motion
Ride'm Cowboy
Deep Voice
Mini-Mouse

0 comments:

Post a Comment